Poetry is a deal of joy and pain and wonder, with a dash of the dictionary. ~Kahlil Gibran

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dancing in the Rain- 10/11/2008

Dancing is difficult in town 
and even harder in the suburbs, 
but tonight I woke to rain. 
So I danced for you my darling, 
like we always said we would. 
I danced beneath the trees 
and fell upon the grass. 
I drank in the whole night, sweetheart, 
it brightly glowed for us. 
I felt your touch 
in all the droplets on my face. 
And even the softest wind 
was your arm around my waist. 
Yet, as I celebrated, 
spinning in the dark, 
a pair of headlights grew. 
They inquired, concerned for me, 
out whirling in the rain. 
I just laughed and thanked them, darling, 
and sent them on their way. 
They couldn't comprehend me, 
or even try to understand. 
Those so sheltered from the clarity 
of Dancing in the Rain. 


Dancing in the Rain by Dakota Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment