Poetry is a deal of joy and pain and wonder, with a dash of the dictionary. ~Kahlil Gibran

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Important Stuff

What:

      Hi everyone! I'm Dakota, and if you're here, you probably already know that because, unfortunately, I'm not famous yet. I've created this blog to showcase my writing, most of which is poetry. I have a hard time calling it poetry, because it seems a little grandiose for what I do, but it's a term that people will understand best, so here it is. 


Why:

      I decided to start posting my writing in a blog as opposed to Facebook, where it's been for a long time, because Facebook's terms of use essentially claim ownership of whatever content you post there. Obviously, that's not really something I feel great about. Despite the fact that my work isn't of an astounding quality, it's still mine and Facebook cant have it. So there.

How:

     
     So, here is how Im going to do things. I want to be able to give some older content brought over from Facebook a place to live, so that will probably be the first order of business. Ideally, Id like everything to be in chronological order, but Im making no promises. The goal of this project is to have a dynamic portfolio of all my work and once I get a hold of some of my older notebooks, they may just end up included willy-nilly. In all likelihood though, I will note the age of the piece when I post it.

Where and When:

     Here, when I feel like it, duh. :P


Thanks so much for reading! Any positive feedback or constructive criticism is always welcome and helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment