Poetry is a deal of joy and pain and wonder, with a dash of the dictionary. ~Kahlil Gibran

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Semper Supersto- 5/27/2011

It is the memories, sweet, vivid, bitter memories. 

Those that brush against my consciousness with piercing clarity. 

They find me, deep beneath my leathered skin. 

They leave me empty but for delicate pain, full of unescapable understanding. 

My now wide and open eyes can contain neither fear or tears. 

From that memory that your voice rings out, your hand in mine that pulls me from where I have been lost. 

"Semper supersto, love. Forever and for always, fight to survive. It is what shall save us from our bindings, that which holds us fast." 

Partnered so, how can I do anything but carry on, continue breathing and remember to do nothing but survive?


Semper Supersto by Dakota Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment