Poetry is a deal of joy and pain and wonder, with a dash of the dictionary. ~Kahlil Gibran

Monday, May 21, 2012

Listen, Sister

Baby sister, I see your heart breaking
I watch you wander
often floundering in your fight.
I see inside you, I know your misery
it matches the stuff
contained inside of me.
One more heirloom, just for us.
You have so much love
re-gifted every day.
We to you and you to him,
keeping none to stay.
Homeless, place-less, superfluous.
You feel so wrongly, thinking places are too few.
So many, too many places fit for you.
I know you, sister, I feel your wanderlust.
You've been hurt before, and lied to.
In me, I wish you'd trust.
I'd give you my last four years of wisdom
just so you could see, bring yourself to wake
and avoid all those mistakes,
I see you poised to make.


Listen Sister by Dakota Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment