Poetry is a deal of joy and pain and wonder, with a dash of the dictionary. ~Kahlil Gibran

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Today Love- 11/5/2011


Old love pushed
down and away
Old hurts with
scars to stay

I just need some love
not a forever love
I just need a
kind love
to kiss my
scabs away

He may not be the
right love
The perfect fit
love
But he's just enough
love
for today

He's my
soft landing love
no expectations love
He's my easy love
To get me through the day

He's my
healing love
ask nothing love
He's not my last
love
Not the everlasting
love

But he's my
friends first love
My not afraid of
wounds love

And someday soon
when I'm full of
good as new love
When there's a true
love

He'll be the first to
wish me luck
He'll know that Im ready
for that new love

But he'll always be
That love
That held my hand
love
made not one demand love
today


Today Love by Dakota Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment