Poetry is a deal of joy and pain and wonder, with a dash of the dictionary. ~Kahlil Gibran

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Untitled- 3/1/2012



It was then I painted a portrait of myself
a vision of what I must be
curled up, alone, low light
just a perfectly pitiable sight to see.
Damp and tired, naked and cold
I think a lunatic I must be.

"And stupid too, cant forget," I suddenly curse aloud.
That primarily, foremost of all
I berate myself for being.
All my pride goeth into this fall.
If I had just gave a thought,
I never would have told you the truth, Id have lied  about it all.

I promised you no regrets
but without you by my side or in my ear
how can I do anything but
give in to all my fears?
At the end of it all what matters is
Im alone and youre not here.


Untitled 3.1.12 by Dakota Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment